Friends of the Salon
Friends of the Salon is an extension of our more formal events, focusing on facilitating similar discussions, but in more intimate settings. Because of the limited capacity, attendance is per reservation only, though the tickets are free. You can purchase drinks at the bar of Karl der Grosse and take them into the function room.
August/September, Karl der Grosse
To be announced…
What should we discuss next? Nominate a topic!
Topics and Formats
Some current issues that might be of interest include:
- Free will or determinism?
- It’s time to break up facebook: social media’s impact on democracy, public health, privacy and innovation.
- Is politics dead? Should we reinvent it?
- Does the EU have a long-term future?
- Technology: traffic jams in the air, AI and ethics, energy and the environment.
- Do an artist’s crimes taint their work?
- Hate is heavily policed – but is it right to criminalize emotions?
- What do we mean by ‘free speech’? Are there limits to it?
- Do gender quotas result in poorer quality appointments?
- Can we have privacy in the age of the internet?
- Contemporary events in historical perspective.
- Any topic of interest, feel free to bring your own 🙂
Join us there!
Just for the sake of completeness, here are the dates of our past ‘friends’ events:
- 24 November 2015
- 11 April 2016
- 23 June 2016
- 18 January 2017
- 23 March 2017
- 16 May 2017
- 23 October 2017
- 20 February 2018
- 16 May 2018
- 12 September 2018
- 12 December 2018
- 25 March 2019
- 5 June 2019
Thanks to you all who came around!